Standard flatbeds are the most common type of trailer and are heralded for their versatility. Multiple industries utilize flatbed equipment hauling, from construction to agriculture. If you don't have a standard flatbed available in your fleet, Equip Trucking & Warehousing will take the pressure off finding one. As a flatbed transportation company, we take care to get your heavy equipment where you need it to go, safe and fast.
What Is a Standard Flatbed?
A standard flatbed trailer is a completely flat, level truck bed without sides or a roof. You can load it from the top or use a forklift to load on the sides. You can also rear-load your heavy equipment from a dock.
Most standard flatbeds are 48 feet long and 58 inches high from the ground to the top of the trailer. The weight can range from 1,000 to 48,000 pounds, and whatever you're hauling can't exceed 8'6".
Benefits of Flatbed Trailer Hauling
Certain industries need the flexibility that flatbed trailers provide. If you're wondering if a flatbed trailer could help you, take a look at these benefits:
- Haul heavy equipment that won't fit in an enclosed trailer
- Practical for heavy materials such as lumber or scaffolding because you can load or unload it by hand or crane from any direction
- Save money by hauling more items at one time
- A safer way to transport tractors, farm and military equipment than driving them on the road
Not every company has the ability to purchase a flatbed trailer outright. Although you have your choice of flatbed transportation companies, Equip Trucking & Warehousing has over 30 years of experience. We work hard to keep your cargo safe while getting it to your jobsite quickly.
Applications and Industries
Since there are so many benefits of flatbed trailer hauling, multiple industries use these trailers. Some of the more common applications for each industry include:
- Automotive: Flatbed transportation companies can help you transport vehicles from one place to another safely. A flatbed trailer is perfect for bikes, small and big cars, aircraft and ship components.
- Machinery: Heavy equipment is necessary for multiple industries, from construction to mining to medical. Any kind of heavy machinery can be loaded onto a standard flatbed with a crane.
- Construction: The construction industry requires more than transporting heavy equipment. Material such as lumber, pipings or stones can get packed into containers for flatbed equipment hauling.
- Energy: The energy industry must transport things such as turbines, stacked wires and machinery. A standard flatbed gives you the space you need to haul these items and more.
- Furniture: Commercial furniture companies have to move and transport both residential and commercial furniture. Standard flatbeds can carry multiple pieces of furniture at once.
Flatbed Transportation Company
Equip Trucking & Warehousing is a specialized flatbed trucking company based right outside Philadelphia, PA. Whenever you need flatbed equipment hauling services, we're here for you. Contact us today to learn more.