Hydraulic Slide-Axle Tilt Step Decks
Your business can take a hit when you don't have the right trailer to transport your heavy equipment. It can lead to unsafe hauling or you may not be able to take your heavy equipment to your job site at all. Equip Trucking & Warehousing takes the guesswork out of how to transport your machinery. Our hydraulic slide-axle tilt step decks and other trailers are exactly what you need to achieve new levels of safety and efficiency.
What Is a Hydraulic Sliding-Axle Tilt Step Deck Trailer?
It's important to identify the different parts of step deck transportation and how they work together in one trailer. The hydraulic sliding axle allows you to tilt the trailer for loading and unloading equipment. The step deck, also known as a lowboy or drop deck, means the trailer doesn't have sides, a roof or doors. It also has two deck levels, where the floor will drop down after it clears the tractor. This lower deck helps you haul taller loads than a straight flatbed.
Hauling with a hydraulic slide-axle tilt step deck trailer comes with many advantages, including:
- Prevent damage by keeping the main cylinder in a closed position while you're transporting
- Quickly unload equipment thanks to the hinged upper plate
- Greater service life and maintenance-free operating because of the standard cylinder with fixed solid rod
Hauling With Hydraulic Slide-Axle Tilt Step Decks
If you need to haul low-clearance heavy machinery for any industry, from construction to agriculture, step deck transportation can help. The lower deck means you can load tall equipment without worrying about hitting low-clearance bridges or other areas that make it hard to get through.
At Equip Trucking & Warehousing, we have over 30 years of experience transporting heavy equipment with hydraulic slide-axle tilt step deck trailers and more. We understand which trailers will work best for your needs, and we'll even plan the route ahead of time to avoid high-traffic areas or construction zones.
Industries and Applications
No industry is too large or small to use step deck transportation. Any industry that uses low-clearance heavy equipment can benefit from step deck transportation. We cater to a variety of industries and applications, including:
- Construction: A hydraulic slide-axle tilt step deck trailer can transport heavy equipment or everything from concrete blocks to cement and beams.
- Vehicles: Car manufacturers need a way to transport vehicles from one showroom or lot to another. Trailers can help transport everything from buses to tractors.
- Rail vehicles: Rail vehicles also need to get from the manufacturer to the railroad. The heavy and bulky nature of rail cars and other railroad materials make them perfect for step deck transportation.
- Mining: The mining industry uses heavy machinery to drill and transport crude oil and minerals. A trailer can take the machinery that's assembled offsite to different mining sites.
- Forestry: The forestry industry uses heavy equipment to cut down trees and transport the logs to make lumber.