Pick and Pack
Do you need a cost-effective and efficient way to fulfill small orders? Pick and pack can help. As an industrial crating and packaging solution, pick and pack can help save your company time and give workers easy access to items that you need to ship around the globe. When you want to transition to pick and pack fulfillment, you can trust Equip Trucking & Warehousing to handle packaging and shipping your company's orders.
What Is a Pick and Pack Fulfillment Service?
Pick and pack is a type of fulfillment. Instead of preparing and shipping large cases or pallets of goods, workers pick individual items from large packages on warehouse shelves and pack them into smaller boxes that get shipped straight to the customer. The entire process gives workers easy access to items they can see on the shelves. When it's organized correctly, pick and pack saves handling time and will also save you money by cutting back on freight and other shipping costs.
Pick and pack fulfillment services can be challenging, and they require a high level of organization. Companies use four common pick and pack strategies to make the process easier:
- Piece picking: The most straightforward method, workers piece-pick by picking orders as soon as they receive them, and then filling an order by picking items until the order is done.
- Batch picking: Batch picking is more efficient. Workers pick items for individual orders but fulfill more than one order at a time.
- Zone picking: During zone picking, a warehouse gets divided into zones. Workers pick items only from their assigned zones, then pass boxes from one zone to the next.
- Wave picking: A combination of zone and batch picking. With wave picking, workers pick orders in batches from their specific zones.
Benefits of Export Packing Services
There are many benefits to using pick and pack for your export packing services. The three biggest advantages include:
- Greater efficiency
- Ability to save money
- Fast turnaround time
When your pick and pack system is organized, it will save your business time because it eliminates the intermediary. Your goods don't need to go somewhere else to get packaged and labeled. You can do everything in one warehouse or facility.
It's also cost-effective for this same reason. If your facility is equipped to handle different sized orders, you don't have to worry about minimum order charges. Highly organized pick and pack facilities will also see shorter turnaround time, as it will take less time to get the shipments to their destination.
Industries and Applications
At Equip Trucking & Warehousing, we've provided industrial crating and packing services, including pick and pack, for a variety of industries:
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Power Generation
- Heavy Construction Equipment
- And more
Whether you want to pick and pack drug samples or medical devices, or distribute manufactured goods, we're here to help. We've helped pack everything from construction equipment to metalworking machinery.
Contact Us Today for Industrial Crating and Packaging
Don't wait to start your pick and pack journey. We will help you streamline your export packing services and realize greater efficiency and profits. Contact us today to learn more.