How to Protect Heavy Equipment When It’s Not in Use
Heavy equipment is a valuable asset for your business. If you need to store it for the offseason or another purpose, it’s important to protect your investment from damage and theft. That’s where Equip Trucking & Warehousing, LLC comes in. We help you protect your heavy equipment with secure and customized warehousing solutions that fit your needs.
How to Maintain Heavy Equipment
Heavy equipment requires routine maintenance to stay at its best, even when you intent to store it for the offseason. There are several steps involved in protecting your heavy equipment when it’s not being used regularly:
- Conduct maintenance before storing: Routine maintenance can maintain your warranty and keep your equipment running optimally. Always follow manufacturer directions for maintenance and have a professional conduct a quick inspection before any long-term storage to ensure your machinery comes back ready to work.
- Carefully clean your machine: Clean your equipment well after heavy use, especially if you intend to store it. Hose it down and use acid washing, power or pressure washing, or steam cleaning on chains, joints, pins and other areas where water cannot reach. As a last step, dry your equipment to prevent rusting and corrosion before placing it in storage.
- Check for wear and fill fluids: Look for warped belts, cracked seals, and missing or bent bolts. Replace anything nearing the end of its life cycle so your machinery is ready to use once it comes out of storage. Then, ensure your oil reservoirs, hydraulic system and fuel tank are filled with new, clean fluids.
- Document maintenance: If your machinery will be in storage for a while, make sure you note its condition. Document any maintenance or repairs you perform so your team knows what may need attention before the equipment is used again.
Benefits of Warehousing Heavy Equipment When You’re Not Using It
When you’re using your heavy equipment, it’s easy to take care of it — you see it every day and can notice when something’s amiss. During slow periods, however, you need a storage solution that provides peace of mind. Deciding to warehouse your heavy equipment protects it from vandalism and the elements while offering valuable benefits. Machine warehousing can:
- Save you space: Heavy equipment not being used can take up valuable space on your premises. Putting it in a warehouse maximizes your available room.
- Prevent environmental exposure: Machinery will rust when exposed to moisture and can break down faster in heat or cold. Equip Trucking & Warehousing, LLC has heated and monitored warehouse space designed specifically for machinery, ensuring your equipment is stored in the best conditions possible.
- Provide security: Leaving valuable unused equipment at your facility can be a risk. Equip Trucking & Warehousing, LLC has 24/7 security, professional warehouse staff and video surveillance so you enjoy total peace of mind.
- Keep your machinery accessible: With warehousing, you can always access your equipment and get it back to your facility when you need it.
Equip Trucking & Warehousing, LLC Is Your Warehousing Solution
Equip Trucking & Warehousing, LLC has worked with virtually every industry over our more than 30 years in business. Our secure, heated warehousing facilities offer 200,000 square feet of indoor space and 20 acres of outdoor space as well as access to a professional warehouse staff. Our services include loading and unloading, airport pickup and drop-off service, industrial rigging and more.
Contact us for a consultation to discuss your needs today.